Polk County currently contracts with Republic Services Inc. for residential garbage collection. Customers are provided rolling carts, which come in multiple sizes, for this automated service.
Automated Garbage Collection
- Residents receive a 95-gallon garbage cart for all household trash but that can be exchanged for a smaller 35- or 65-gallon cart
- A special vehicle, equipped with a lifting mechanism, reaches out to the waste cart, lifts and empties the container returning the cart to its original position
- No other container may be used for trash
If you didn't receive a cart or wish to trade it in for a smaller cart, call (863) 284-4319.
Waste Pickup Schedule
- All waste collection takes place between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- All garbage, recycle and yard waste should be placed curb-side either the night before or by 6 a.m. on your collection day.
- View the following map to see your assigned collection day based on area: Collection Day Map
When Polk's landfill is closed on major holidays, collection services will be delayed by one day.